Ondema was founded in early 2017 in response to a question posed by a machine shop owner:
“ERP is too unwieldy, complex, and expensive for us. What’s available other than spreadsheets?”
Our journey began: how to fix that paradigm.
We believe that although software powers the world, the software that manufacturers use to manage work-in-progress in the 21st century is only just starting to be written, and that the user experience and metaphors that underly this software are only beginning to come into focus.
Our mission is clear:
Create better cloud software for manufacturers.
We strive for our products to be delightful and practical – as judged by our customers.
We live in a time of extraordinary technological change. We’re optimistic and passionate about how digitization is addressing old problems and creating new possibilities. We’re driven to rethinking the conventional and committed to making our customers’ journeys our own as we embrace these new opportunities together. Below are our guiding philosophies:
Empower the Makers
- Our customers create things that power the world. Their success is at the center of our vision.
- Keeping things simple helps us maintain focus and unlocks opportunities to deliver more value to our customers.
- The business landscape changes in unpredictable ways. This dynamism is opportunity.
- Resources and information will rarely be perfect. Take the initiative, fill in the blanks, and make it happen.
Mission First and Team Always
- Understand the What and the Why. Empower others to do great things.
- Have the courage to discuss elephants in the room, be they risks or opportunities. Be honest, direct, and respectful.